Card catalog versus Pavlovian responses
I've been editing here and there, judging the effects.
I don't know. What do you think?
The interesting idea steamrollered over us by the Benevolent Gods of Blogger is that the latest thing comes first, and, a smaller seemingly adjunct idea that nothing is edited.
Perhaps a little too much, "In the future, the revolution will be . . . " stuff going on out there with the information design folks? I suppose I can turn the HTML around on my blog some, but I have yet to discover the mechanism of tracking the posts. I know I can change the time on a posting, and that is one thing, but the original placement in the stream is determined by time of post (whether draft or published) seemingly.
Each post seems to be a marker left on a timeline, and if you go back (hint) and touch up your marker with a drip and a drab, you are left out of the readers' attention.
I think.
Perhaps one day a person will come along, constantly reading all the entries and comparing them over and over each day, and it will occur to them that I am editing constantly. That day, when it comes, my heart will soar, perhaps to burst in glittering fragments across the great expanse of this lunchtime cube. Ah, well.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home